Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Onesie

I am a day late because I totally forgot to blog about this, but I made an adorable New York Giants onesie at the request of my best friend. I already had the fabric so I knew I could throw something cute together quick and mail it the three hundred miles north before the big game. So my first stop was to Walmart to get a plain white bodysuit. I also picked up a few extras but those will be in another post.


After Walmart I had to do some brainstorming to figure out what I wanted to do. I poked around the Internet a little an mixed together a bunch of ideas. Luckily I didn't love any of the ones I found, so no copying!


I cut out the helmet an Giants out of my pre-interfaced fabric. Then I thought it all looked a little boyish so i cut out a red polka dot heart with my pinking sheers giving it a textured edge. After playing around a little with my shapes I decided to start by putting some tulle ruffles on the booty. Then i sewed the word Giants above the ruffles. Loving it so far!


After that I finally made my mind up about the placement of the helmet and heart. So I ironed them on and then straight top stitched over each. I started with the heart so that when i over lapped the helmet the top stitching would be underneath. I did a little bit bigger of a seam allowance on the heart because I thought it looked cuter.


It was that simple! I am so happy with how it came out! And in the end it brought the Giants some good lick since we won! Yeay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment